Improve the Revue Flower Division team’s fortune to avoid being shut down in Sakura Wars for PlayStation 4. Set in a 1940s steampunk Tokyo, this single-player game features a dynamic LIPS dialogue system so you can build relationships through what you say and the way you say it. Lead your motivated team members to victory on the battlefield for a thrilling Sakura Wars experience.

The soft reboot of Sakura Wars has secured its place in the new era of the adventure/ visual novel genre by offering characters and settings that are unique, well written and mostly different from what we see in other games of the genre.

Better than Sakura 5: So Long My Love. I hope the game sells well in West, and we get sequel with improved combat.

Sakura Wars honors what came before it while offering a brand new experience that’s worth checking out.

At its very best, Sakura Wars made me feel like I was playing through a top-tier shonen or seinen anime, and while the lows certainly exist, they are infrequent and inconsequential enough to the core experience that it makes it easy for me to recommend the game to anyone with a passing interest. While it might be mechanically lacking in some aspects, it smooths over those rough edges with a ton of heart, and I’ll always take an ambitious game that sometimes fails to reach the heights it strives for over a boring, middle-of-the-road title.

Sakura Wars is a game for exactly one playthrough, a genre-melding experiment where dialogue, dating and combat are mixed in equal parts.

My time playing Sakura Wars mirrored the way the Combat Revue grew and changed through the game. Much like Seijuro seeing his team for the first time, I was skeptical that Sakura Wars could adequately pull off what it set out to do. But as I kept playing and the women grew into their roles, I began to warm to it. By the time the curtain fell, I was cheering for the team just as hard as everyone in-game was. The flaws of Sakura Wars are obvious, though a strong focus on melodrama and spectacle makes it a lot easier to gloss over the game’s weak points. There’s nothing out there quite like Sakura Wars, and if you stick with them, there’s a good chance this cast of oddballs will worm their way into your heart too.

Sakura Wars represents an ambitious new start for the franchise, one that might not be to everyone’s tastes. While its mediocre combat and dialogue-heavy design may leave some players disengaged, its fabulous presentation, pleasing visuals, delightful characters, and histrionic melodrama will delight others. Perhaps most importantly, it offers the franchise a bright future bursting with potential. Encore!

the game has graphics unacceptable for a ps4 game. at this price point i think the developer should be ashamed of not striving to provide a game at ps4 visual level.

My review is all over the place but basically if cliches dot not annoy you and the combat is not what you are looking forward to buy the game

Good reboot/sequel of the series that can draw in new player like me but if you do not know the franchise don’t expect something like personna which emphasizes a lot on a lot more on the combat sakura wars is more like 90% visual novel and 10% combat the combat is not that good and has pretty much never been amazing in the series this time it’s pretty much hack and slash and it’s ridiculously easy the other 90% of the game is however really good it’s a bit cliche but it’s mostly on the earlier parts of the games it did not bother me after the first chapters the meat of the games is not the story but the interaction that you have with the characters and that’s where the games shine the choices are well thought and diverse never i felt that a choice was missing and it’s satisfying when you pick the good one the main characters have been designed by kubo and they very charming and fit well what they are supposed to be the game felt a little short one more chapter would have been perfect but this a game made to be replayed and that’s why i think that they need to implement multiple paths in the story the combat is very bland and needs a lot of improvement for stater it’s too easy there is no gard button adding that would help with a flash gard system they are no skill’s only a “super attack” that does way too much damage the level design is good and the graphics are good too Sakura best girl .

Leave a comment