A team of heroes from around the world must UNITE to protect the earth from vicious alien invaders! This band of 100 Wonderful Ones works together using their fantastic abilities to create a variety of forms. Whether it be a giant fist or a sharp blade, they’ll use their wits and power to overcome the enemy’s pitfalls and perils! And the final member of this team of courageous heroes… is you.
* Over 100 unique and dazzling heroes, each with their own backstories and emblems!
* Change weapons in a flash with the ‘Unite Morph’ system! Draw shapes to switch between swords, whips, hammers, and more to battle with strategy and flair!
* Unite Morphs can be more than just weapons! Build hang gliders and bridges to cross chasms, and bounce and blast your way to great heights! Use your smarts as well as your strength to solve puzzles and persevere!
* Don’t forget – a hero’s true calling is protection! Rescue the citizens you come across and your bravery will inspire them to UNITE UP! For a limited time, of course.
* Your missions will take around the world! Through cities, across the ocean floor, deep in the jungle, and to a host of exciting locations!
The Wonderful 101: Remastered is an exciting concentration of fun. The wonderful design, the roaring, noisy sound; everything shines and enchants, just like seven years ago. And yet, despite its solid playability and full of concepts, the camera often struggles to follow the action at its best, becoming a real nightmare in the tightest of spaces (always very short, luckily). The game is difficult to tame, and perhaps that sense of continuous unbalance you feel in controlling the heroes is an integral part of the playful framework. However, there remains a pinch of regret in finding that such smudges have not been filed down.
The Wonderful 101 Remastered, even though it is a simple port rather than a remaster, and without providing major new features or improvements, neither visually nor playable, it still maintains the essence of the original Wii U game, and that should be a perfect excuse enough to give it a chance or play it back.
The Wonderful 101 is a genuine treasure, this remaster bringing its quirky action gameplay and effortless charms to more people than ever before. It certainly looks the part, and is an easy buy for PlatinumGames fans, but the awkwardness of bringing the game’s dual-screen UI to single screen systems means the Wii U is still the best place to play.